Friday, February 17, 2006

Teriyaki Steak

Always in search of crockpot recipes/beef recipes, I was enticed by this one which fits both bills. Yes! Another Chinese/Japanese recipe. I happen to love teriyaki sauce and this is "make your own"! It seemed like one of those simple recipes that you could just throw into the crockpot without a lot of preparation. It was, but the end result was disappointing. It says to cook on low for 6 to 8 hours. I went with the shorter time because my crockpot tends to run a little hot. I don't know if that was the reason or if it was the recipe itself, but this came out tasting slightly burned. I was very disappointed.

Verdict: Not bad, but I don't think I'll be making this one again.


Teriyaki Steak
(Source: RecipeSource )

2 pounds boneless round steak

1 teaspoon ground ginger

1 tabelspoon sugar

2 tablespoons oil

1/2 cup soy sauce

1 clove garlic, crushed

3 scallions, chopped

1 can Chinese vegetables (optional)

Cut the steak into 1/8 inch slices. Combine the sauce ingredients and scallions in a small bowl. Place the meat in the crockpot and pour sauce over it all. Cover and cook on low for 6 to 8 hours. About 15 minutes before serving, add Chinese vegetables if desired. Serve with rice.

Recycle: oil bottle, soy sauce bottle, Chinese vegetables can

Compost: garlic skin

No comments: